PROFESSIONAL TRAINING COURSES AND WORKSHOPS
For more details on what each course covers, along with costs, please
contact Christine by email firstname.lastname@example.org
Tree and Shrub Pruning
At the end of this one-day course you should be able to:-
· State the reasons why we prune trees and shrubs
· Give a list of pruning tools and state the size of wood for which they are suitable .
· State the factors which influence equipment selection.
· State checks that should be carried out before using tools.
· State the relevant H&S legislation and codes of practice influencing pruning.
· State the reasons for formative pruning.
· Identify the different types of unwanted growth in shrubs.
· Identify different bud types.
· Give reasons why trees/shrubs are pruned at different times of the year.
· State how to prune different types of shrubs depending on flowering
· State how to prune evergreen shrubs.
· State how to carry out renovation of shrubs.
· State the difference between crown reduction, crown thinning, crown lifting and dehorning.
· Express comment on the need to paint wounds or not.
Back to home